Energy of Champions
Cabeólica believes in improving the wellbeing of the population on each of the islands on which it operates, and has always been involved in activities that allow it to continue to contribute to society in a positive way.
In an effort to increase its positive impact on the environment, in addition to producing clean energy, the company has developed various environmental and social programs, namely, long-term biodiversity programs for birds and for an endemic reptile; environmental monitoring of its impact on the community; support of important environmental and social projects throughout its corporate social responsibility and environmental awareness programs for children and the community.
Tips you can apply in your day-to-day life:
- Reutilize, reaproveite e recicle tudo que for possível. As, for example, plastic and glass containers that can easily be saved and reused for other purposes thus limiting the need to acquire more containers. It is important to be aware that the less of these items we use, the better for our environment. Avoid the use of single-use disposable products such as plastic drinking straws. 2.
- Dispose of your garbage in adequate ways. Collect your waste items and in proper recipients and direct it to its adequate disposal. Do not throw away items which may be reused and, in doing so, avoid the need to acquire more of these items than necessary. Whenever opportune, safely collect plastic waste at beaches and other public areas.3.
- Preserve trees and other plants. Protect vegetation in your surrounding as these have numerous benefits to our planet, including the supply of air, health of soil and habitats for animals.4.
- Be aware there are high numbers of threatened species. Know which species in your surroundings are particularly sensitive and avoid hunting/fishing them in order refrain from contributing to further disruptions in the equilibrium of these species. 5.
- Use reusable bags when shopping. Disposable plastic bags are everywhere, taking many years to break down into toxic particles that enter the food chain of many species. Avoiding the use of plastic bags, reduces the negative impact these have on our environment.
Contribute and become an environmental ally!